All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.58Trending at AU $42.43
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.66
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.54
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.32
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.16
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.17
- AU $34.71Trending at AU $42.51
About this product
- DescriptionThe Routledge Handbook of Philosophies and Theories of Early Childhood Education and Care brings together leading writers in the field to provide a much-needed, authoritative guide to the major philosophies and theories which have shaped approaches to Early Childhood Education and Care. Providing a detailed overview of key concepts, debates and practical challenges, the handbook combines theoretical acumen with specific examples to show how philosophies and theories have evolved over the centuries and their impact on policy and society. It examines the ways in which societies define and make sense of childhood and the factors that influence the development of philosophies about young children and their learning. The collection offers an insight into the key theorists and considers how the ecomics and politics of their time and personal ideology influenced their ideas about childhood. It looks at curricula and provision which have proved inspirational and how these have impacted on policy and practice in different parts of the world. The handbook also explores alternative and perhaps less familiar philosophies and ideas about babies and young children, their place in society and the ways in which it might be appropriate to educate them Bringing together specially commissioned pieces by a range of international authors, this handbook will enable academics, research students, practitioners and policy-makers to reflect on their own understandings and approaches, as well as the assumptions made in their own and other societies.
- Author BiographyTricia David is Emeritus Professor of Education at Canterbury Christ Church University, UK. Kathy Goouch is a Professor in Education at Canterbury Christ Church University, UK. Sacha Powell is Director of the Research Centre for Children, Families and Communities and Professor of Early Childhood Care and Education at Canterbury Christ Church University, UK.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication12/10/2015
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Series TitleRoutledge International Handbooks
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note2 black & white tables, 6 black & white line drawings
- Weight774 g
- Width174 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine30 mm
- Edited byKathy Goouch,Sacha Powell,Tricia David
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.