All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA unique study of an infantry company from North Carolina during the Civil War. The story begins during the antebellum era when the Rowan Rifles were a volunteer militia company. Their service continued with the 4th North Carolina State Troops as part of the Army of Northern Virginia 1861-1865. This work contains many rare and unpublished original soldier diaries and letters. Using extensive analysis of those sources along with quartermaster and ordnance records, the author debunks several common myths about Confederate soldiers, especially the ragged rebel. This detailed work also includes a wealth of genealogical information about men in the Rowan Rifles, making this study much more personal than a typical unit history. This is a must read for those interested in the soldier's daily life as part of one of Robert E. Lee's most aggressive outfits in the Army of Northern Virginia.
- Author BiographyPhilip Hatfield, Ph.D. has several publications related to the Civil War in North Carolina and West Virginia.
- Author(s)Dr Philip Hatfield,Philip Hatfield
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication18/07/2011
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectMilitary History
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight885 g
- Width216 mm
- Height279 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.68Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.14Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.76
- AU $37.59Trending at AU $40.09
- AU $34.37Trending at AU $36.09
- AU $28.52Trending at AU $29.80
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.