All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionPaul Ricoeur is widely regarded as one of the most distinguished philosophers of our time. In The Rule of Metaphor he seeks 'to show how language can extend itself to its very limits, forever discovering new resonances within itself'. Recognizing the fundamental power of language in constructing the world we perceive, it is a fruitful and insightful study of how language affects how we understand the world, and is also an indispensable work for all those seeking to retrieve some kind of meaning in uncertain times.
- Author BiographyPaul Ricoeur (1913-). One of the world's major philosophical thinkers, Professor Emeritus of the University of Paris X (Nanterre) and of the University of Chicago.
- Author(s)Paul Ricoeur
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication21/08/2003
- Series TitleRoutledge Classics
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note1 black & white tables
- Weight476 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine24 mm
- Translated byR. Czerny,etc.
- Edition Statement3rd Revised edition
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.83
- AU $31.45Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $96.53
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $86.07
- AU $18.54Trending at AU $23.02
- AU $29.00Trending at AU $39.16
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.