All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis little rule can be a place to begin. Listen, my child. I want you to place the ear of your heart on the solid ground of the Master's wisdom (what I received, I'm passing on to you). This advice is from a spiritual father who loves you and gives you the sort of counsel that will shape your whole life. Jonathan Wilson-Hartgrove's The Rule of Saint Benedict presents the timeless wisdom of the Rule in a vibrant new language. The contemporary reader will find this sixth-century classic more accessible, while any student or follower of the Rule will discover in this paraphrase a vital new expression. The full text is included, and detailed explanatory tes offer help in understanding challenging passages.
- Author BiographySt. Benedict of Nursia (ca. 480-547) is considered the founder of Western monasticism. Jonathan Wilson-Hartgrove is a leader of the new monastic movement and co-founded the Rutba House community in Durham, North Carolina. An associate minister at St. John's Baptist Church in Durham, he also directs the School for Conversion, a partnership among new monastic communities for alternative theological education.
- Author(s)Benedict of Nursia
- PublisherParaclete Press
- Date of Publication01/03/2016
- FormatLeather / fine binding
- SubjectChristianity: General
- Series TitleParaclete Essential Deluxe
- Place of PublicationOrleans
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintParaclete Press
- Weight184 g
- Width137 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Edited byST.
- Format DetailsLeather, imitation
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $7.65New
- AU $20.61New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $29.94New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $61.65
- AU $3.99Trending at AU $7.65
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $29.94
- AU $56.80Trending at AU $63.10
- AU $49.30Trending at AU $52.75
- AU $26.83Trending at AU $32.36
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.