All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe Rule of Taize was written by Brother Roger, its founder, during the winter of 1952-3. His intention was to express for the young men who had committed themselves to the group 'for their whole life in celibacy and to a life together in great simplicity', 'the essential that makes the common life possible'. The community has since become one of the world's most important sites of Christian pilgrimage. Over 100,000 young people from around the world travel there each year for prayer, Bible study, sharing, and communal work. Through the community's ecumenical outlook, they are encouraged to live in the spirit of kindness, simplicity and reconciliation. This is an updated version of the English-French edition first published in 1968.
- Author BiographyBrother Roger, the charismatic founder and leader of the Taize community was attacked and killed whilst praying with more than 2,000 young people on 16th August 2005. His death came almost 65 years after he crossed the border from his native Switzerland into war-ravaged France. Settling in the tiny village of Taize, he found himself called to establish a community in which reconciliation and peace would be made concrete day by day.
- Author(s)Brother Roger of Taize
- PublisherSPCK Publishing
- Date of Publication01/10/2012
- LanguageFrench and English
- SubjectChristianity: General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSPCK Publishing
- Width138 mm
- Height216 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $90.30
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $24.13Trending at AU $27.75
- AU $41.84Trending at AU $49.87
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.58
- AU $35.26Trending at AU $35.87
- AU $36.67Trending at AU $37.27
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.