All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $47.99Trending at AU $53.25
- AU $23.91Trending at AU $29.95
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $75.18
- AU $19.99Trending at AU $20.58
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $31.14
- AU $47.56Trending at AU $49.65
- AU $20.50Trending at AU $24.13
About this product
- DescriptionIn The Rules of Attraction , Bret Easton Ellis trains his incisive gaze on the kids at self-consciously bohemian Camden College, a small, affluent liberal-arts college in New England at the height of the Reagan 80s. He treats their sexual posturings and agonies with a mixture of acrid hilarity and compassion while exposing the moral vacuum at the centre of their lives. Racing from Thirsty Thursday Happy Hours to Dressed To Get Screwed parties to drinks at The Edge of the World, this is a poignant take on the death of romance. Inspired. A wonderfully comic vel. - Gore Vidal. Compelling...sympathetic to his lost generation the way only Fitzgerald was about his. - Vanity Fair. One of the primary inside sources in upper-middle-class America's continuing investigation of what has happened to its children. - New York Times. Ellis has always been regarded as the bad boy of contemporary American letters. - Douglas Kennedy. A tour of the heart of darkness, a moral armageddon. - The Times.
- Author BiographyBret Easton Ellis is the author of five novels and a collection of stories, which have been translated into twenty-seven languages. He divides his time between Los Angeles and New York.
- Author(s)Bret Easton Ellis
- PublisherPan Macmillan
- Date of Publication03/11/2006
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Out-of-print date15/10/2011
- Width130 mm
- Height197 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
- Edition StatementNew edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.