All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionRex Wade presents an account of one of the pivotal events of modern history, combining his own long study of the revolution with the best of contemporary scholarship. Within an overall narrative that provides a clear description of the 1917 revolution, he introduces several new approaches on its political history and the complexity of the October Revolution. Wade clears away many of the myths and misconceptions that have clouded studies of the period. He also gives due space to the social history of the revolution and incorporates people and places too often left out of the story, including women, national mirity peoples, and peasantry front soldiers, enabling a more complete history to emerge. The 2005 second edition of this highly readable book has been thoroughly revised and expanded. It will prove invaluable reading to anyone interested in Russian history.
- Author BiographyRex A. Wade is Professor of Russian History at George Mason University. He is the author of numerous books and articles on Russian history.
- Author(s)Rex A. Wade
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication21/04/2005
- SubjectRegional History
- Series TitleNew Approaches to European History
- Series Part/Volume NumberNo. 32
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note22 b/w illus. 4 maps
- Weight540 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine21 mm
- Series Edited byWilliam Beik,T. C. W. Blanning,Brendan Simms
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $28.44Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $89.84
- AU $19.30Trending at AU $21.95
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.37
- AU $22.32Trending at AU $34.59
- AU $39.51Trending at AU $40.01
- AU $40.71Trending at AU $41.16
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.