The S60 Smartphone Quality Assurance: A Guide for Mobile Engineers and Developers by Saila Laitinen (Paperback, 2007)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $112.00Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $52.95+ AU $7.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionS60 is the world leading smartphone platform. It has gained this position due to the huge developer base invating on top of the S60 platform, the Product Creation Community who can provide expertise in different device program phases and tasks and the user-friendly interface that the platform provides. S60 Smartphone Quality Assurance introduces each of these themes. Quality is a diverse concept and it can mean different things in different products. Developing a high quality S60 device is extremely rewarding, although it has some challenges. This book tries to guide device manufacturers by providing kwledge on why these challenges exist and how the device program can tackle them. Readers will be provided with a comprehensive understanding on what it takes for companies to implement an S60 based device in a manageable and meaningful way. Key Features: * Explanation of the competitive advantages of the S60 * Detailed instructions on how to keep the binary compatibility in devices and applications * Wide discussion of Quality Assurance and the best tools to use for success * Complete quality assurance test procedures, and best practice The first book to market on S60 smartphone creation and QA is an indispensable resource for hardware and software designers, engineers, developers and manufacturers, as well as operators and service providers creating Series 60 and smartphone-specific services. Students of mobile phones will also find this a useful text.
- Author BiographySaila Laitinen, an engineer, grew up and went to school in Oulu from where she moved to the capital area of Finland in 1995. She is married and has two children. She graduated from Oulu University, from where she gained an M.Sc. in computer engineering. She joined Nokia in 1995 and has worked in a variety of positions and organizations within the company since then. She started in Nokia Networks and worked as a software engineer for three years. This gave her a solid base including an overall understanding of software and development challenges as well as network technologies. During those three years she also worked as a project manager on two software projects. This provided her with fi rst-hand understanding and know-how of how challenging it is to run a project both to budget and to a given schedule. After Networks Saila joined the Nokia Ventures Organisation to lead testing activities in one venture. Then she gained international experience and worked in Nokia Hungary as an expatriate. In Hungary her responsibility was to manage the overall testing activities of Nokia's very fi rst presence server-product. After Hungary she moved back to Finland and joined the S60 product line, where she led the testing, triage and technical consultancy teams. These teams worked on a daily basis in response to S60 customer products and provided them with platform expertise in different technologies and activities. Lastly Saila joined Forum Nokia where she currently leads the global consultancy function to serve the biggest developer community innovating on top of Nokia platforms. Working in all these organizations and both in Finland and abroad has given her very clear insight into mobile technologies and cultural differences. Several years experience working with S60 customer programs has given her the fi rst hand knowledge needed to write this book. In addition to this book she has publications in different testing and quality assurance related conference proceedings.
- Author(s)Saila Laitinen
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication12/01/2007
- SubjectElectronics Engineering & Communications Engineering
- Place of PublicationHoboken
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight434 g
- Width188 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine17 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $90.22
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.26
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.54
- AU $22.32Trending at AU $36.99
- AU $40.91Trending at AU $45.02
- AU $35.26Trending at AU $35.78
- AU $36.60Trending at AU $37.24
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.