All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionNOTE: Used books, rentals, and purchases made outside of Pearson If purchasing or renting from companies other than Pearson, the access codes for the Enhanced Pearson eText may t be included, may be incorrect, or may be previously redeemed. Check with the seller before completing your purchase.This package includes the Enhanced Pearson eText and the bound book.A user-friendly guide for administrators that provides the kwledge, tools, and resources necessary to understand and oversee the implementation of the SIOP(r) Model for teaching English learners. A must-read for all administrators who work with English learners, The SIOP(r) Model for Administrators, 2/e provides the tools needed for supervising the education of this growing population of learners. It introduces a comprehensive, coherent, research-validated model the SIOP Model for teaching English learners and helping them meet rigorous academic standards, and includes concrete strategies and advice from other administrators to help principals, coordinators, and others implement the model, includingguidance for getting started and sustaining the intervention. While summarizing 20 years of research that has proven the SIOP(r) Model s effectiveness for all grades and subject areas, the book explains the second language acquisition process so administrators can understand how students best learn new languages. The Enhanced Pearson eText features embedded videos.Improve mastery and retention with the Enhanced Pearson eText* The Enhanced Pearson eText provides a rich, interactive learning environment designed to improve student mastery of content. The Enhanced Pearson eText is:
- Engaging. The new interactive, multimedia learning features were developed by the authors and other subject-matter experts to deepen and enrich the learning experience.
- Convenient. Enjoy instant online access from your computer or download the Pearson eText App to read on or offline on your iPad(r) and Android(r) tablet.*
- Affordable. The Enhanced Pearson eText may be purchased stand-alone for 50-60% less than a print bound book.
- 0134015568 / 9780134015569 SIOP Model for Administrators, The
- 0134401034 / 9780134401034 SIOP Model for Administrators, The, Enhanced Pearson eText -- Access Card
- Author BiographyDeborah J. Short, Ph.D., founded and directs Academic Language Research & Training, a consulting company, and provides professional development on sheltered instruction, content-based language teaching, and academic literacy worldwide. Formerly she was a Division Director at the Center for Applied Linguistics, Washington, DC, where she directed quasi-experimental and experimental studies on English learners funded by the Carnegie Corporation of New York, Rockefeller Foundation, and U.S. Department of Education, among others. Her publications include journal articles, the SIOP(r) Model book series, and several ESL textbook series for National Geographic/Cengage. She taught English as a second/foreign language in New York, California, Virginia, and the Democratic Republic of the Congo. She has served on the Board of Directors of the TESOL International Association and has presented research in the U.S., Canada, New Zealand, Brazil, Europe, and the Middle East.MaryEllen Vogt, Ed.D., is Professor Emerita of Education at California State University, Long Beach. Dr. Vogt, a former classroom teacher, reading specialist, curriculum coordinator, and teacher educator, received her doctorate from the University of California, Berkeley. She is an author of over 60 articles and chapters, and is co-author of seventeen books for teachers and administrators, including Making Content Comprehensible for English Learners: The SIOP(r) Model. Her research interests include improving comprehension in the content areas, teacher change and development, and content literacy and language acquisition for English learners. Dr. Vogt has provided professional development in all fifty states and in several other countries, including Germany, where she was invited to serve as a Visiting Scholar at the University of Cologne. She was inducted into the California Reading Hall of Fame, received her university s Distinguished Faculty Teaching Award, and served as President of the International Reading Association.Jana Echevarria, Ph.D., is Professor Emerita at California State University, Long Beach where she was selected as Outstanding Professor. She has taught in elementary, middle, and high school in general education, special education, ESL, and bilingual programs. An internationally known expert on second language learners, she has lived and worked in Taiwan, Mexico, and Spain. Her research and publications focus on effective instruction for English learners, including those with learning disabilities. She has presented her research across the U.S. and internationally including Oxford University (England), Wits University (South Africa), Harvard University (U.S.), Stanford University (U.S.), University of Barcelona (Spain) and South East Europe University (Macedonia) where she was a Fulbright Specialist. A founding researcher of the SIOP(r) Model her publications include multiple books, book chapters and journal articles.
- Author(s)Deborah J Short,Jana J Echevarria,Maryellen J Vogt
- Date of Publication19/08/2016
- FormatMixed media product
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Series TitleSiop
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Weight318 g
- Width211 mm
- Height269 mm
- Spine8 mm
- Contained items statementContains Hardback
- Edition Statement2nd
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $78.84Trending at AU $111.11
- AU $35.05Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $78.04
- AU $18.76Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.30
- AU $51.96Trending at AU $53.08
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.