Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.72
- AU $70.98Trending at AU $87.50
- AU $62.89Trending at AU $77.17
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $72.89
- AU $78.98Trending at AU $85.01
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.03
- AU $34.78Trending at AU $42.43
About this product
- DescriptionThis two-volume handbook offers a comprehensive and coordinated presentation of SQUIDs (Superconducting Quantum Interference Devices), including device fundamentals, design, techlogy, system construction and multiple applications. It is intended to bridge the gap between fundamentals and applications, and will be a valuable textbook reference for graduate students and for professionals engaged in SQUID research and engineering. It will also be of use to specialists in multiple fields of practical SQUID applications, from human brain research and heart diagstics to airplane and nuclear plant testing to prospecting for oil, minerals and buried ordnance. While the first volume presents the theory and fabrication of SQUIDs, the second volume is devoted to applications. It starts with an important aspect of the analysis of measured magnetic signals generated by current sources (the inverse problem), and includes several chapters devoted to various areas of application, namely biomagnetism (research on and diagstics of human brain, heart, liver, etc.), detection of extremely weak signals, for example electromagnetic radiation and Nuclear Magnetic Resonance. The volume closes with a chapter on motion detectors and the detection of gravity waves.
- Author BiographyJohn Clarke is the world leading authority on SQUIDs and Alex Braginski contributed significantly to the development of high-temperature SQUIDs. They have assembled a team of co-authors who are the pre-eminent specialists in virtually all aspects of SQUIDs and SQUID applications.
- PublisherWiley-VCH Verlag GmbH
- Date of Publication18/08/2006
- Place of PublicationWeinheim
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintWiley-VCH Verlag GmbH
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight1344 g
- Width186 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine38 mm
- Edited byAlex I. Braginski,John Clarke
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.