All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionLiturgical, sacramental, and historical, The Sacred Community is a masterful work of theological aesthetics. David Jasper draws upon a rich variety of texts and images from literature, art, and religious tradition to explore the liturgical community gathered around--and most fully constituted by--the moment of the Sanctus in the Eucharistic liturgy. From art and architecture to pilgrimage and politics Jasper places this community in the midst of the contemporary world.
- Author BiographyDavid Jasper is Professor of Literature and Theology, University of Glasgow. His previous books include The Sacred Desert: Religion, Literature, Art and Culture and The Oxford Handbook of English Literature and Theology. He lives in Wishaw, Scotland.
- Author(s)David Jasper
- PublisherBaylor University Press
- Date of Publication01/10/2012
- SubjectFine Arts / Art History
- Place of PublicationWaco
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBaylor University Press
- Content Note8 color images
- Weight388 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine28 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Cravings: Recipes for All the Food You Want to Eat by Adeena Sussman, Chrissy Teigen (Hardback, 2016)
- AU $43.38New
- AU $30.34New
- AU $22.99New
- AU $30.81New
- AU $20.06New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $11.99Trending at AU $13.93
- AU $39.17Trending at AU $50.72
- AU $39.10Trending at AU $43.38
- AU $56.86Trending at AU $63.06
- AU $49.18Trending at AU $52.71
- AU $15.95Trending at AU $22.99
- AU $25.81Trending at AU $30.81
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.