All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis thought-provoking study offers many examples of how women consistently place their needs last after those of their children and spouses, and examines the long-lasting negative effects of this kind of self-deprivation. Social psychologist Carin Rubenstein identifies the roots of this maternal instinct, points out the harmful consequences that can result, offers guidance for getting out of the self-sacrifice trap, and, most important, teaches women how to accept and nurture themselves as well as their families.
- Author BiographyCARIN RUBENSTEIN, PhD, lives in Sleepy Hollow, New York.
- Author(s)Carin Rubenstei,Ph D Rubenstein
- PublisherHachette Books
- Date of Publication05/05/1999
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectPregnancy & Parenting
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHachette Books
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight336 g
- Width139 mm
- Height217 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $62.02New
- AU $5.82New
- AU $22.48New
- AU $33.47New
- AU $30.62New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $62.02
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.88
- AU $32.35Trending at AU $51.33
- AU $29.58Trending at AU $30.62
- AU $49.30Trending at AU $53.06
- AU $26.83Trending at AU $32.55
- AU $39.26Trending at AU $43.67
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.