All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $12.00Trending at AU $16.78
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $75.03
- AU $19.77Trending at AU $20.54
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $31.08
- AU $47.08Trending at AU $49.55
- AU $21.78Trending at AU $22.68
- AU $22.15Trending at AU $23.02
About this product
- DescriptionFrom the bestselling author of The Art Forger How long can murder haunt a family? Until the wrong is put right and the victim is able to rest in peace. Set in Lexington, Massachusetts, The Safe Room is a story of such a murder and such a haunting. A psychological thriller, the tale toggles between the eve of the Civil War and present day. It follows the doomed love affair of Silas Person, a runaway slave riding the Underground Railroad, and Sarah Harden, the daughter of a famous abolitionist. Sarah and Silas's story is intertwined with that of Lee Seymour, a modern-day descendant of the Harden family who must suddenly grapple with a world in which murder and ghosts are all too real. The Safe Room is a suspenseful tale that employs love and the pararmal to explore the ugliness of injustice and the beauty of human hope.
- Author BiographyB. A. Shapiro is the author of the New York Times bestseller The Art Forger, five additional novels, four screenplays, and a nonfiction book. She is the recipient of the 2013 New England Book Award for Fiction, a 2013 Massachusetts Must-Read Book award, and a 2012 Boston Globe Best Crime Book award. Shapiro was also nominated for a 2013 Massachusetts Book Award. She lives in Boston and is working on her next novel.
- Author(s)B A Shapiro
- PublisherOpen Road Media Mystery & Thri
- Date of Publication09/02/2015
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectCrime, Thriller & Adventure
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintOpen Road Media Mystery & Thri
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight331 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.