Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $55.12Trending at AU $56.46
- AU $12.00Trending at AU $16.77
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $74.14
- AU $11.81Trending at AU $19.07
- AU $40.00Trending at AU $63.64
- AU $19.77Trending at AU $20.52
- AU $47.07Trending at AU $49.50
About this product
- DescriptionAll beings in that place knew that the winds of change were coming, and there they were, standing on the precipice of all the ages before them, waiting to be swept up by the gale and take the leap of faith into the maelstrom of the future; that deep black lake where even the Weavers' gaze could only pierce but a little. Legendary warriors, healers, and wardens of the sacred, the Speakers with their divine power have always sought to enact the will of the High Ones. The Order has been the light of Urunem since the days of the Old Wars, when the Sons and Daughters of the Trees first arose and were guided to greatness by the Beast-Folk and the wisdom of the High Ones. Joined in common purpose and newfound power, the Beast-Folk and the Sons and Daughters of the Trees formed the Order. It was in those times that the High Ones warred with the Vandirar, the strange and mighty gods of chaos. The Modirim, foulest spawn of the Vandirar, came down from the mountains and battled with all of Urunem's fair beings. For ages it had been so, until the last and greatest war was fought between the High Ones and the Vandirar. At the behest of the Speakers, the High Ones created a barrier about the Earth to prevent its annihilation, though both the High Ones and the Vandirar could longer traverse the veil. With the godly wars concluded, the ageless and fair children of Urunem, led by the Speakers, defeated the Modirim and banished them to the most treacherous mountain ranges of Urunem. Many ages later, the Order is led by the High Speakers, among the wisest and most powerful beings in all of Urunem. High Speaker Asmund, chief among them all, trains and guides the Speakers at the Morkvatn Seminary alongside High Speaker Bjarni, the Raven-Lord, and High Speaker Alvilda, the greatest healer in Urunem. On the Day of Great Light, an unexpected and devastating attack on the Morkvatn Seminary occurs that leaves the Speakers in turmoil. High Speaker Asmund, fearing the prospect of a future attack, ventures into the cursed forest of Morkvatn to seek ultimate wisdom. When he returns from his trials a near god, and possessing a rare and divine artifact, he and High Speakers Bjarni and Alvilda begin an investigation to discover the source of the new threat. What they uncover is a terrible and awesome power that has been growing in secret; a power that could usher the world into a new and uncertain age, unite all dark forces under one banner, end the reign of the Speakers, and threaten the existence of the High Ones themselves. Written in epic and dazzling prose, and featuring a dark and deeply realized world, The Saga of Urunem: Revelations, first in Caton Hartworth's newest epic fantasy series, will keep readers transfixed from start to finish with its diverse and unique cast of characters and the skillful balance of action, mystery, and profound questions of faith, fate, and the universal balance of power.
- Author BiographyCaton Hartworth is an author based in Maryland, USA. With a lifelong passion for creativity, Caton writes primarily in the fantasy genre, but sees no reason not to broaden his horizons. Beyond his solo work, Caton often collaborates with other artists and creators on literary and fine art projects. Fluent in Mandarin Chinese, and holding degrees in Anthropology and Chinese Studies, Caton enjoys sourcing from his experience of travel and fieldwork, the odd and extraordinary events of daily life, and the richness of real-world cultures in order to create his fictional worlds. Also, with a lifelong interest and love of Norse religion and culture, Caton draws much inspiration from Norse history, mythology, the Eddas and Sagas, and related scholarly and religious commentaries for his life and work. An avid outdoorsman, there is usually not a single day where Caton doesn't spend at least some time adventuring in the woods, working in the garden, or engaging in other outdoor work. Caton also has a passion for meditation and exercise, starting early in childhood, and believes that health of body, mind, and spirit are the keys to a good life. Some of Caton's favorite authors/writers include JRR Tolkien, Seamus Heaney, William Shakespeare, Robert Burns, Snorri Sturluson, Wu Cheng'en, and many others, new and old.
- Author(s)Caton Hartworth
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication17/05/2016
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectScience Fiction & Fantasy
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight771 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine30 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.