All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWhat is Leisure Studies? Who are the key figures in the field? How can we evaluate the relevance of concepts in the field? This is the first full length Dictionary of Leisure Studies. It examines the key concepts, assesses the work of central figures and helps students zero-in on essential issues and conceptual distinctions. The Book: * Provides an unprecedented critical survey of the field * Offers students authoritative, comprehensive accounts of the basic concepts and leading figures * Provides students with core resources to write essays and pass exams Written by teachers experienced with the needs of undergraduates and postgraduates in the field, the book will be quickly recognized as a vital asset in making sense of Leisure Studies.
- Author BiographyTony Blackshaw is a Senior Lecturer in Sociology of Sport & Leisure at Sheffield Hallam University and author of The SAGE Dictionary of Leisure Studies (SAGE, 2009) and Zygmunt Bauman (Routledge 'Key Sociologists', 2005) Garry Crawford is a Professor of Sociology at the University of Salford. His research and teaching focus primarily upon audiences, media and consumer patterns, and most specifically, sport fans and video gamers. He has published numerous papers and books, including Consuming Sport (2004) and Video Gamers (2012). Garry is Director of the University of Salford Digital Cluster, Publications Director of the British Sociological Association, and review editor for Cultural Sociology.
- Author(s)Garry Crawford,Tony Blackshaw
- PublisherSAGE Publications Ltd
- Date of Publication30/09/2009
- SubjectSocial Sciences: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSAGE Publications Ltd
- Weight612 g
- Width170 mm
- Height242 mm
- Spine20 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $179.93New
Management: the Essentials by Mary Coulter, Megan Woods, Stephen Robbins, David De Cenzo (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $111.93New
- AU $93.61Used
- AU $93.61New
- AU $101.72New
- AU $81.15New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.20
- AU $87.90Trending at AU $89.30
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.64
- AU $38.81Trending at AU $50.36
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $74.31
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $109.06
- AU $22.63Trending at AU $23.29
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.