All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionUndoubtedly the most accessible, readable and downright interesting - even amusing - dictionary of its type. In being all of those things - and more - the dictionary does t sacrifice on quality. There are many well-chosen entries and they are quite informative. A useful addition to any scholar's library while at the same time being an excellent resource for both graduate and undergraduate students - George Ritzer, University of Maryland This is a delightful and comprehensive dictionary. The authors write in an engaging and lively style that brings alive the ideas of sociology t only for existing practitioners, but also for a whole new generation of students - Tim May, University of Salford With over 1000 entries on key concepts and theorists, The SAGE Dictionary of Sociology provides full coverage of the field, clarifying the technical use of apparently common words, explaining the fundamental concepts and introducing new and unfamiliar terms. This book provides: *authoritative, reliable definitions *accessible 'digests' of key arguments *contemporary, appealing illustrations of points *readability. This is t just ather dry guide to the discipline. Engagingly written with its audience firmly in mind, it will be the definitive and chosen companion to established textbooks and teaching materials in sociology.
- Author BiographySteven Yearley is Professor of Sociology at the University of York; author of Science and Sociological Practice (Open University Press, 1984), Science Technology and Social Change (Unwin Hyman, 1988) and The Green Case: A Sociology of Environmental Arguments, Issues and Politics (Harper Collins, 1991); editor of Deciphering Science and Technology (with M McNeill and I Varcoe), and Protecting the Periphery: Environmental Policy in Peripheral Regions of the European Union (with S Baker and K Milton).
- Author(s)Steve Bruce,Steven Yearley
- PublisherSAGE Publications Ltd
- Date of Publication05/01/2006
- SubjectSociology & Anthropology: Professional
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSAGE Publications Ltd
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight689 g
- Width170 mm
- Height242 mm
- Spine23 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $7.64New
- AU $20.61New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $29.94New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $61.65
- AU $3.99Trending at AU $7.64
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $32.35Trending at AU $51.03
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $29.94
- AU $56.72Trending at AU $63.10
- AU $49.30Trending at AU $52.75
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.