All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $50.71Trending at AU $62.46
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $72.91
- AU $32.59Trending at AU $36.89
- AU $30.05Trending at AU $40.13
- AU $14.93Trending at AU $22.05
- AU $28.03Trending at AU $30.06
- AU $26.84Trending at AU $29.51
About this product
- Description'The authors make excellent use of illustrative examples' - Reference Reviews The SAGE Dictionary of Statistics provides students and researchers with an accessible and definitive resource to use when studying statistics in the social sciences, reading research reports and undertaking data analysis. Written by leading academics in the field of methodology and statistics, the Dictionary will be an essential study guide for the first-time researcher as well as a primary resource for more advanced study. This is a practical and concise dictionary that serves the everyday uses of statistics across the whole range of social science disciplines. It offers basic and straightforward definitions of key concepts, followed by more detailed step-by-step explanations of situating specific methods and techniques. It also contains lists of related concepts to help the user to draw connections across various fields and increase their overall understand of a specific technique. A list of key readings helps to reinforce the aim of the Dictionary as an invaluable learning resource. Designed specifically for students and those new to research, and written in a lively and engaging manner, this Dictionary is an essential reference work for students and researchers across the social sciences.
- Author BiographyDennis Howitt's was a graduate of Brunel University and the University of Sussex. His research career began with the study of mass communications but has developed into a broader interest in the application of psychology to social issues. His primary research areas are: *the effects of mass communications especially with reference to crime, violence and pornography *racism and the profession of psychology *paedophiles and sex offenders, child abuse *forensic psychology He is a chartered (forensic) psychologist and a Fellow of the British Psychological Society. His publications also include books on statistics, computing and methods.
- Author(s)Dennis Laurence Howitt,Duncan Cramer
- PublisherSAGE Publications Inc
- Date of Publication18/05/2004
- SubjectSociology & Anthropology: Professional
- Place of PublicationThousand Oaks
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSAGE Publications Inc
- Content Note1, black & white illustrations
- Weight328 g
- Width170 mm
- Height242 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.