All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFour desert dwellers--a burro, a coyote, a skunk, and a raven--face an uncertain future, until they discover each other and bravely set out on a journey to start a new life as the Sagebrush Singers. Based on the classic German folktales collected by the Brothers Grimm, The Sagebrush Singers is the amusing and uplifting story of four animals who comfort and support each other by banding together. In this modern retelling of the Bremen Town Musicians, author Herb Kernecker has set the story in the American Southwest. Beautifully imagined by award-winning, bestselling children's book illustrator James Watts, this picture book will enchant children (ages 4 to 8) and please their parents. Bonus online features include audio of the song, a glossary, the original fairy tale, and other fun extras (www.sagebrushsingers.com).
- Author BiographyHerb Kernecker is an Austrian-born retired high school teacher who has authored several books. Inspired by the Nevada desert, where he has lived for over forty years, Kernecker has created a unique American Southwestern version of the Grimm's fairy tale The Bremen Town Musicians in The Sagebrush Singers. Kernecker's previous publications include When in Mexico, Do as the Mexicans Do: The Clued-In Guide to Mexican Life, Language, and Culture and Deutsche Sagen und Legenden: A Collection of Legends from the German-Speaking World. James Watts has illustrated twenty-four published books for children, and his illustrations have been shown at the Society of Illustrators Museum of American Illustration in New York. In 1993 he received Parenting magazine's Certificate of Excellence for distinguished achievement in children's literature. Three of his titles have been designated International Reading Association Children's Choices. Over one million copies of his books are in print, with some translated into German, Swedish, and Finnish.
- Author(s)Herb Kernecker
- PublisherH. Flippo & Sons Publishing Co LLC
- Date of Publication14/04/2014
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintH. Flippo & Sons Publishing Co LLC
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight363 g
- Width231 mm
- Height257 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Illustrator(s)James Watts
- Format DetailsSewn,Cloth over boards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.