All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFashioned by the violent volcanism of the Pacific Rim of Fire, plate tectonics, and the sculptural magic wrought by Ice Age glaciers, the Salish Sea straddles the western border between Canada and the United States and is connected to the Pacific Ocean primarily through the Strait of Juan de Fuca. This fascinating visual journey through the Salish Sea combines a scientist's inquiring mind, beautiful photographs, and a lively narrative of fascinating stories, all of which impart a sense of connection with this intricate marine ecosystem and the life that it sustains.
- Author BiographyAs Chief Scientist for the SeaDoc Society, Joseph K. Gaydos has been studying the fish and wildlife of the Salish Sea for over a decade. Gaydos lives on Orcas Island, WA. Audrey DeLella Benedict is a biologist and a writer, and the founder and director of Cloud Ridge Naturalists, a nonprofit natural history educational organization now in its fourth decade. Audrey splits her time between the Colorado Front Range and her off-grid cottage on Frost Island in the San Juan Islands.
- Author(s)Audrey D Benedict,Audrey Delella Benedict,Joe Gaydos,Joseph K Gaydos
- PublisherSasquatch Books
- Date of Publication15/04/2015
- SubjectLife Sciences: General
- Place of PublicationSeattle
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published2015
- ImprintSasquatch Books
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight771 g
- Width279 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine18 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.65Trending at AU $96.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.37
- AU $35.07Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.35
- AU $18.96Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.