All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.17Trending at AU $46.87
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.47
- AU $23.77Trending at AU $25.71
- AU $50.10Trending at AU $53.12
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.88
- AU $32.10Trending at AU $45.10
- AU $13.99Trending at AU $16.60
About this product
- DescriptionThe identification of the apparently unique manuscript in the library of the Royal Asiatic Society of Great Britain and Ireland has made it possible to produce this edition of the long-lost work. Although the manuscript provides the basis of this edition, much evidence for the text of the original is available in the works of later historians who made use of the Saljuqnama. This evidence has enabled Morton to check and correct the readings of the manuscript, and to produce a text which rests to a great extent on lost manuscripts of the Saljuqnama which were in existence a few decades after the composition of the original. Morton's introduction provides a discussion of the history of the text, the author and his work, orthography and editorial procedures, and a vocabulary of unusual words.
- Author BiographyA H Morton used to teach Persian at the School of Oriental and African Studies, University of London. He is the author of A Catalogue of Early Islamic Glass Stamps in the British Museum (1985), and the translator of Michele Membre, Mission to the Lord Sophy of Persia (1539-1542) (1993).
- Author(s)Zahir al-Din Nishapuri
- PublisherGibb Memorial Trust
- Date of Publication01/01/2004
- LanguageEnglish & Persian
- SubjectAncient History
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintGibb Memorial Trust
- Weight535 g
- Width170 mm
- Height242 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Edited byA. H. Morton
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.