All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe startling poems in this debut collection are both pretty and strange, clear and mysterious. All of the poems are conversations, of sorts: a dancer talks to the floorboards; a dressing gown talks to itself; an old man talks to the radio in his sleep; men and women talk, and talk without talking. Joan FlemingOs empathetic imagination gives voice to the hidden conversations happening beneath our tice. This is a book about communication, connection, and the wisdom and beauty of ordinary things.
- Author BiographyJoan Fleming won the Biggs Poetry Prize in 2007, and her work has appeared in various publications including The Best of Best New Zealand Poems, Landfall, The New Zealand Listener, and Sport.
- Author(s)Joan Fleming
- PublisherVictoria University Press
- Date of Publication04/11/2011
- SubjectPoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Place of PublicationWellington
- Country of PublicationNew Zealand
- ImprintVictoria University Press
- Weight105 g
- Width140 mm
- Height210 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $85.90Trending at AU $90.74
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $83.67
- AU $95.88Trending at AU $100.17
- AU $64.63Trending at AU $68.59
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $106.99
- AU $99.90Trending at AU $101.25
- AU $95.00Trending at AU $98.79
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.