All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis work focuses on progressive sanctification as a divine and human undertaking that provides a motivational setting for the transformation of an individual's life. In Christianity, sanctification occurs when a person is 'set apart' by God to carry out his will. 'Progressive sanctification' is the aspect of sanctification that describes the process of spiritual growth. Dr. Keith Kettenring's research suggests that believers participate in this process with God in 'sanctificational synergism.' Human participation is recognized through an examination of free will and a study of components that contribute to belief and character formation. This participation also includes the evaluation of one's capabilities and one's context for spiritual growth. The integration of these concepts provides a compatible and useful matrix for a more comprehensive understanding of sanctificational growth. The study of the components of human participation is also applied to the believer's personal strategy for sanctificational growth and the church's strategy to aid sanctificational growth through worship and small groups.
- Author BiographyDr. Keith Kettenring is Senior Pastor of Calvary Baptist Church in Anaheim, California and adjunct professor in the Ph.D. Educational Studies program at Talbot School of Theology. His Ph.D. in Educational Studies from Biola University/Talbot School of Theology emphasized Christian Spirituality in an educational setting. This work represents the research conducted for his doctoral dissertation. He has been married for thirty years and has two children.
- Author(s)Keith Kettenring
- PublisherUniversity Press of America
- Date of Publication28/05/2007
- SubjectReligion: Comparative, General & Reference
- Place of PublicationLanham, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity Press of America
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight267 g
- Width154 mm
- Height231 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $61.76
- AU $34.69Trending at AU $36.40
- AU $73.14Trending at AU $74.40
- AU $50.28Trending at AU $52.72
- AU $31.89Trending at AU $40.27
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $39.86
- AU $34.15Trending at AU $34.94
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.