Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.02Trending at AU $36.78
- AU $16.41Trending at AU $22.77
- AU $14.93Trending at AU $21.99
- AU $27.74Trending at AU $29.97
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $16.62
- AU $14.82Trending at AU $17.90
- AU $25.99Trending at AU $32.06
About this product
- DescriptionA careful and detailed presentation of the architectural remains of the Sanctuary of Demeter and Kore on the slopes of Acrocorinth, beginning with the earliest traces of occupation in the Mycenaean period and ending with the Late Roman cemetery. The first chapter presents the ancient testimonia for the location of the sanctuary and details its discovery by the excavators. In the chapters on the architecture, arranged chrologically, the authors describe in detail the buildings found on each of the three terraces of the sanctuary, including the dining rooms, cooking and bathing facilities, and religious structures. A separate chapter discusses the elements of the Acrocorinth dining rooms and their place in the architecture of sacred dining. Extensively illustrated with section drawings and plans.
- Author(s)Nancy Bookidis
- PublisherAmerican School of Classical Studies at Athens
- Date of Publication31/12/1977
- Series TitleCorinth S.
- Series Part/Volume Number18. 3
- Place of PublicationPrinceton
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAmerican School of Classical Studies at Athens
- Content Notexxvi + 510 pp, 66 pls, 109 figs, 12 plans including 1:100 actual state plan of entire sanctuary
- Weight2495 g
- Width241 mm
- Height318 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.