CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $92.81Trending at AU $103.28
- AU $67.16Trending at AU $74.36
- AU $20.99Trending at AU $22.57
- AU $13.21Trending at AU $15.39
- AU $30.11Trending at AU $35.99
- AU $28.49Trending at AU $30.66
- AU $27.86Trending at AU $29.04
About this product
- DescriptionTeeming with perilous, exotic locales and widespread examples of social injustice, this bold adventure follows one man's plight to seek his fortune while commenting on the widespread social and ecomic effects of the African gem trade. Plagued by a bitter divorce and an overbearing father, gem-expert Lonny Cushman flees to the lawless sapphire fields of Madagascar. Homesick and lonely, he dreams of the perfect stone that will fuel an independent career as a gem dealer back in New York and allow him to see his seven-year-old daughter. Finally unearthing the greatest sapphire discovered in the last hundred years, he finds that the power brokers of Diego Suarez want the stone for themselves, and w Lonny must call on all his ingenuity and cunning to escape with his life. Richly detailed and riddled with seedy complexities, this thrilling narrative offers readers a rare glimpse into the culture, the people, and the underbelly of Madagascar.
- Author BiographyJohn B Robinson has worked in Africa, Paris, and other points around the globe.
- Author(s)John B. Robinson
- PublisherMcBooks Press
- Date of Publication01/09/2008
- SubjectCrime, Thriller & Adventure
- Place of PublicationIthaca
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMcBooks Press
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight288 g
- Width215 mm
- Height140 mm
- Spine15 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.