All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.48
- AU $70.98Trending at AU $87.00
- AU $62.89Trending at AU $76.73
- AU $78.98Trending at AU $84.53
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $78.58
- AU $34.80Trending at AU $42.19
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $24.62
About this product
- DescriptionSince 1999, millions of readers and web crawlers have read The Satirist online. At long last, the best pieces, including previously unpublished material, have been collected into this cherished and universally loved volume of satire. Learn how to start your own religious cult in the Seven Habits of Highly Efficient Cult Leaders ! Read how converting empty shopping malls into prisons can transform the US ecomy! Are you a conspiracy theorist? Take the test! Discover Claire Hoyt, Shrink to the Stars, who gossiped openly about the secrets of her clients, Hollywood's leading celebrities! Did the French philosopher, Claude Roger, plagiarize from his own students? Was Max Sazov a great Russian poet or a total idiot? Read reviews of imaginary movies! Read reviews of imaginary works by John Irving and Thomas Pynchon. And much more! 58 articles in all! The more blandness and repression there is in any society, the more need there is for irreverence toward those who are responsible for that blandness and repression. The Satirist serves such a purpose with imagination and style. -Author/comedian Paul Krassner An instant Borgesian classic!
- Author BiographyDan Geddes is the editor of The Satirist: America's Most Critical Journal (www.thesatirist.com), a unique collection of satires, reviews, reviews of imaginary works, fiction, essays, and satirical news. Geddes' serious criticism in The Satirist online has been widely cited in books, newspapers, and websites. His work has also appeared in the Cleveland Plain Dealer, the Dry Bones Review, and The Modern Word. He was also written a novel, a screenplay, a one-act play, and a collection of travel stories. He lives in Amsterdam.
- Author(s)Dan Geddes
- PublisherOmin Press
- Date of Publication02/12/2012
- SubjectHumour: Collections & General
- Place of PublicationAmsterdam
- Country of PublicationNetherlands
- ImprintOmin Press
- Content Note26 in black and white
- Weight294 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine11 mm
- Illustrator(s)Fred Schellart
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.