All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFor more than a quarter-century, the founders of Fischer and Wieser the flavor-crazed dynamic duo of Case Fischer and Mark Wieser have introduced a larger world to the flavors of Texas. Starting with a handful of jams and jellies, the specialty food company they founded in a peach orchard has launched hundreds of different sauces for every step of the cooking and eating process, including their original creation built around roasted raspberries and a then-little-kwn pepper kwn as chipotle. In the pages of this cookbook, Case and Mark tell their stories the discoveries of their culinary creations, the values and creativity that lie at the heart of their business success, and the town they have called home throughout their exciting journey. This collection of recipes brings a little bit of Texas and an ermous amount of flavor with every dish and is sure to ignite readers passion for the kitchen.
- Author BiographyFischer & Wieser Specialty Foods, a family business in the Texas Hill Country, has proved what its German founders always believed: If you re honest and have a quality product, people will keep buying it. Fischer & Wieser is very much a family business. In 1969, Mark Weiser founded a jelly shop in his family s peach orchard. He taught school when he wasn't in the orchard, and one of his students, Case D. Fischer, now president and CEO of the company, developed such a love for the business that he went off to college to study food and fiber marketing. He returned home full of ideas and he and Wieser became business partners. John DeMers is a veteran author and news reporter, having earned bylines in 136 foreign countries. He has worked for newspapers in Baton Rouge, LA, Jackson, MS, and Houston, Texas, in addition to spending many years as a writer and editor for United Press International in his native New Orleans and on the Foreign Desk in Washington, D.C. His food and wine radio program, Delicious Mischief, is heard weekly in Houston, Dallas, Austin, San Antonio and New Orleans. He is the author of 53 previously published books.
- Author(s)Case Fischer,John DeMers,Mark Wieser,Nancy Marr
- PublisherBright Sky Press
- Date of Publication01/08/2016
- SubjectFood & Drink: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBright Sky Press
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Format DetailsSewn,Cloth over boards,With dust jacket
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.68Trending at AU $111.60
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.34
- AU $35.45Trending at AU $40.70
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.33
- AU $19.36Trending at AU $23.93
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.01
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.