All listings for this product
Sponsored by eBay Stores
- AU $30.07Free postage
- AU $30.38Free postage
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $89.95Trending at AU $108.10
- AU $52.60Trending at AU $60.89
- AU $79.92Trending at AU $82.53
- AU $72.44Trending at AU $78.95
- AU $17.95Trending at AU $27.10
- AU $44.25Trending at AU $49.22
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $50.63
About this product
- DescriptionWith Conan the Cimmerian, Robert E. Howard created more than the greatest action hero of the twentieth century--he also launched a genre that came to be kwn as sword and sorcery. But Conan wasn't the first archetypal adventurer to spring from Howard's fertile imagination. He was . . . a strange blending of Puritan and Cavalier, with a touch of the ancient philosopher, and more than a touch of the pagan. . . . A hunger in his soul drove him on and on, an urge to right all wrongs, protect all weaker things. . . . Wayward and restless as the wind, he was consistent in only one respect--he was true to his ideals of justice and right. Such was Solomon Kane. Collected in this volume, lavishly illustrated by award-winning artist Gary Gianni, are all of the stories and poems that make up the thrilling saga of the dour and deadly Puritan, Solomon Kane. Together they constitute a sprawling epic of weird fantasy adventure that stretches from sixteenth-century England to remote African jungles where white man has set foot. Here are shudder-inducing tales of vengeful ghosts and bloodthirsty demons, of dark sorceries wielded by evil men and women, all opposed by a grim avenger armed with a fanatic's faith and a warrior's savage heart. This edition also features exclusive story fragments, a biography of Howard by scholar Rusty Burke, and In Memoriam, H. P. Lovecraft's moving tribute to his friend and fellow literary genius.
- Author BiographyRobert E. Howard is one of the most prolific short story writers in American history, and has created such beloved characters as Conan the Barbarian, Kull of Atlantis, Soloman Kane, Bran Mak Morn, El Borak, and Dark Agnes de Chastillon. He tragically passed away in 1936.
- Author(s)Robert E Howard
- PublisherRandom House USA Inc
- Date of Publication01/06/2004
- SubjectScience Fiction & Fantasy
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintDel Rey Books
- Out-of-print date25/08/2014
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight590 g
- Width155 mm
- Height233 mm
- Spine23 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.