All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionLife is a series of negotiations-from who will make the morning coffee to the landing of a multi-million-dollar contract. Each successful negotiation is a victory, but how is success measured? And after a negotiation is completed, what are the implications for the future? In The Savvy Negotiator, William Morrison addresses these questions in the context of two simple, but profound, ideas: (1) We negotiate to set the ground rules for a future relationship; (2) We negotiate to satisfy our needs. In other words, a negotiation is t simply a transaction, but an opportunity to develop a dynamic relationship; whatever the outcome, there will be future effects. If a negotiation is t designed to provide some benefit to the negotiator, there is reason to engage. Morrison develops these themes against the backdrop of a general evolution in negotiation theory and practice-from an antagonistic WIN/LOSE approach to the more collaborative WIN/WIN approach. Through dozens of engaging examples, from business and other areas (such as home and car buying), he demonstrates the eight key concepts that underlie any negotiation, and offers many practical strategies for conducting successful and satisfying negotiations in virtually any situation. Along the way, he highlights such timely issues as the role of ethics in negotiation and the impact of the Internet on communication dynamics.
- Author BiographyWilliam F. Morrison is a lecturer in the Department of Organization and Management in the College of Business, San Jose State University, where he teaches courses in negotiation, management, and operations. He has also taught at Golden Gate University, the University of California-Berkeley, and Menlo College. The author of two books on negotiation-The Prenegotiation Planning Book and The Human Side of Negotiations-he served in management positions at Westinghouse for 37 years and currently conducts negotiation and management training programs for corporations and industry groups.
- Author(s)William F. Morrison
- Date of Publication30/11/2005
- SubjectManagement & Business: General
- Place of PublicationWestport
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPraeger Publishers Inc
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight485 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine22 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $90.22
- AU $24.97Trending at AU $34.99
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.54
- AU $22.32Trending at AU $34.74
- AU $39.51Trending at AU $40.18
- AU $40.67Trending at AU $41.34
- AU $36.57Trending at AU $37.25
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.