All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionTake a delightful detour with this vel by the author of The Wedding Beat and a writer of The New York Times 's Vows column... The shortest distance between soul mates isn't always a straight line.... When Austin Gittleman first met Naomi Bloom, they were grammar school classmates and she pasted pictures of him in her Barbie Dreamhouse. Those days are long gone. Austin is a Midwestern doctor who always tries to do the right thing--even if it often turns out wrong. Naomi is a Miami pastry chef with a taste for adventure. They seem to have thing in common. But that doesn't stop Austin from falling head over heels when they reconnect at a mutual friend's seaside wedding. Only, falling hard doesn't guarantee happily ever after, or even a second date. Tropical storms and mechanical malfunctions contribute to a series of miscommunications and missed connections that lead Austin and Naomi away from each other and back again. In The Scenic Route, life is what happens on the way to where you're going. It's unpredictable and inconvenient, but it can be pretty wonderful when you bring the right person along for the ride.
- Author BiographyDevan Sipher is a writer of the New York Times 's Vows wedding column and the author of The Wedding Beat. He lives in Manhattan.
- Author(s)Devan Sipher
- PublisherNew American Library
- Date of Publication03/06/2014
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintNew American Library
- Weight227 g
- Width137 mm
- Height206 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Fiction Books
- AU $30.89New
- AU $71.58New
- AU $78.99New
- AU $49.08New
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $24.49Trending at AU $30.89
- AU $12.20Trending at AU $16.32
- AU $74.55Trending at AU $82.83
- AU $19.16Trending at AU $22.39
- AU $10.68Trending at AU $18.62
- AU $22.30Trending at AU $22.82
- AU $20.95Trending at AU $23.47
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.