All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionResearch has consistently shown that student success is directly related to the strength of the relationships between parents and schools. In The School-Home Connection, the authors draw on original research and their professional experiences to identify the common sources of both negative and positive school-home relationships. The book presents a comprehensive approach to building closer connections and includes: Tools to help educators develop a deeper understanding of the communities they serve Strategies for improving interpersonal skills and communication skills A chapter on the importance of documenting and celebrating school events Guidelines for creating three distinct levels of parental participation in schools With suggestions for cultivating a community network of support services and a summary of lessons for forging constructive relationships, The School-Home Connection is an essential tool for educators looking to strengthen the learning community and increase student achievement.
- Author BiographyRosemary A. Olender taught profoundly deaf children in inclusive settings for seventeen years and is a member of the American Speech and Hearing Association, the Council of Exceptional Children, and the Association for Supervision and Curriculum Development. She lives in Syracuse, New York. Jacquelyn Elias is a retired speech therapist and school administrator. She lives in Syracuse, New York. Rosemary D. Mastroleo is a retired schoolteacher and supervisor. Throughout her career, she was responsible for the setup and design of special education programs in public-school settings. She lives in Naples, Florida.
- Author(s)Jacquelyn Elias,Rosemary A. Olender,Rosemary D. Mastroleo
- PublisherSkyhorse Publishing
- Date of Publication19/02/2015
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSkyhorse Publishing
- Weight242 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $204.90New
- AU $74.66New
- AU $61.69Used
- AU $94.06New
- AU $102.20New
- AU $71.40New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.59
- AU $114.99Trending at AU $120.94
- AU $88.13Trending at AU $91.19
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $79.01
- AU $37.63Trending at AU $50.60
- AU $69.89Trending at AU $74.66
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $109.63
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.