All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe challenge facing today's library media specialist is to design and deliver an effective library media program. Faced with the impact of techlogy, societal pressures, sweeping changes in American education, and varying ecomic conditions, today's practitioner must respond as a dynamic leader, planner, and manager. The School Library Media Specialist as Manager emphasizes practical management and is designed to be used by library media specialists in elementary, middle and high school settings, as well as those considering entering the field. The cases presented are broadly grouped along the guidelines suggested by Information Power and are then subdivided by type of media center. The resources found in the appendix and bibliography support the concepts found within the cases, and should be consulted when formulating new policies. Whether working in a rural or urban elementary school, on a fixed or flexible schedule, or with heterogeneous or homogeneous groupings in their libraries, all library media specialists will benefit from the case studies presented here. These cases develop the ability to analyze a situation and develop individualized practices or benchmarks for total quality service.
- Author BiographyAmy G. Job is Librarian and Adjunct Professor at William Patterson College. MaryKay W. Schnare) is a media specialist at Nathan Bishop Middle School. She was the Teacher of the Year for Rhode Island in 1996 and the Milken Family Foundation National Educator for 1997-1998.
- Author(s)Amy G. Job,MaryKay Schnare
- PublisherScarecrow Press
- Date of Publication28/01/1997
- SubjectLibrary & Information Science
- Series TitleSchool Librarianship
- Series Part/Volume NumberNo. 2
- Place of PublicationLanham, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintScarecrow Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight249 g
- Width143 mm
- Height212 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Save on Other
- AU $19.02Trending at AU $21.54
- AU $121.00Trending at AU $127.32
- AU $34.68Trending at AU $51.29
- AU $26.07Trending at AU $28.19
- AU $17.01Trending at AU $17.87
- AU $41.57Trending at AU $44.57
- AU $34.05Trending at AU $35.04
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.