All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe Science Quest introduces the Inquiry/Discovery instructional framework, an invative method for captivating students' interest in science, for building their skills in scientific thinking, and for dramatically enriching their understanding of scientific content and concepts. For teachers curious how to implement inquiry learning as called for in the National Science Education Standards, this book provides detailed and practical guidance. It shows teachers how to transform ordinary lessons in ways that 1) encourage students to take initiative in posing scientific inquiry questions; and 2) enable students to independently discover answers to their questions by engaging in investigative practices and critically evaluating the findings. Inquiry/Discovery practices can be introduced in stages, starting with simple activities and gradually increasing the levels of challenge. The Science Quest includes everything a teacher needs to bring successful instruction, including: Extensive lesson planning and assessment tools Suggestions on working with students in teams Scores of sample lessons from varied disciplines
- Author BiographyTHE AUTHORS Frank X. Sutman is professor emeritus at Temple University, where he served as science teacher educator, senior scholar, and coordinator of the Center for Science Laboratory Studies. Joseph S. Schmuckler is lead professor of science education and professor of chemistry at Temple University. JOYCE D. WOODFIELD is a middle-school teacher who has taught numerous subjects, primarily in the language arts.
- Author(s)Frank X. Sutman,Joseph S. Schmuckler,Joyce D. Woodfield
- PublisherJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Date of Publication14/03/2008
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJossey-Bass Inc.,U.S.
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight634 g
- Width216 mm
- Height274 mm
- Spine17 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $126.09New
Management: the Essentials by Mary Coulter, Megan Woods, Stephen Robbins, David De Cenzo (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $111.71New
- AU $93.44Used
- AU $101.53New
- AU $78.95New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.05
- AU $87.90Trending at AU $89.13
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.49
- AU $38.81Trending at AU $50.27
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $74.17
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.86
- AU $21.17Trending at AU $23.08
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.