All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionNascience and natechlogy have functioned as effective buzzwords for at least a decade due to the unique properties that materials possess on the nameter scale. The interest in nascience and natechlogy is so great and so widespread that these topics are even being introduced at the K-12 level in some school districts. Nascience and natechlogy have already improved many applications and have the potential to continue to do so, making it important for all types of scientists to stay up-to-date on research related to namaterials. In the first section of this book, a variety of synthetic methods used to make or functionalize namaterials are presented with work related to mesoporous materials, semiconductor nawires, graphene, and carbon natubes included. The second section of the book presents accounts of using natechlogy and nascience in a variety of ways. Overall, this book presents a snapshot of research covering synthetic studies of namaterials to applications of namaterials.
- Author BiographyAmanda S. Harper-Leatherman received her bachelor's degree in Chemistry from St. Olaf College in Northfield, MN and her Ph.D. in Analytical Chemistry from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill. After a post-doctoral position at the Naval Research Laboratory in Washington, DC, she joined the faculty of Fairfield University in 2006 as an Assistant Professor. She was promoted to Associate Professor and awarded tenure in 2013. Her current research involves studying protein interactions with nanomaterials and highly porous aerogels. Camille M. Solbrig completed her undergraduate degree in chemistry at Penn State, followed by training in SEM and X-ray analysis, as well as an MS in Textile Science and a Ph.D. in Polymer Science elucidating polymer surface chemistry from Cornell. She then held industrial positions in research and development around the USA, before becoming an Assistant Professor teaching undergraduate chemistry at Southern Connecticut State University in New Haven, CT.
- PublisherOxford University Press Inc
- Date of Publication22/09/2016
- SubjectScience & Mathematics: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitleACS Symposium Series
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintOxford University Press Inc
- Content Note66
- Weight428 g
- Width164 mm
- Height233 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Edited byAmanda S. Harper-Leatherman,Camille M. Solbrig
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $67.92Trending at AU $111.00
- AU $35.04Trending at AU $42.49
- AU $18.56Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $48.98
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.29
- AU $51.95Trending at AU $53.03
- AU $22.59Trending at AU $27.63
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.