All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe Science of Attitudes is the first book to integrate classic and modern research in the field of attitudes at a scholarly level. Designed primarily for advanced undergraduates and graduate students, the presentation of research will also be useful for current scholars in all disciplines who are interested in how attitudes are formed and changed. The treatment of attitudes is both thorough and unique, taking a historical approach while simultaneously highlighting contemporary views and controversies. The book traces attitudes research from the inception of scientific study following World War II to the issues and methods of research that are prominent features of today's research. Researchers in the field of attitudes will be particularly interested in classic and modern research on the organization, structure, strength and function of attitudes. Researchers in the field of persuasion will be particularly interested in work on attitude change focusing on propositional and associative learning, metacognition and dynamic theories of dissonance, balance and reactance. The book is designed to present the integration of the properties of the attitude with the dynamic considerations of attitude change. The Science of Attitudes is also the first book on attitudes to devote entire chapters to work on implicit measurements, resistance to persuasion, and social neuroscience.
- Author BiographyJoel Cooper has been on the Psychology faculty at Princeton University since obtaining his Ph.D. from Duke University. He is past editor of the Journal of Experimental Social Psychology, is the author of several books, and co-editor of a major handbook in social psychology. Shane F. Blackman received his bachelor's degree in psychology at the University of Chicago and his Ph.D. from Princeton University in psychology and public policy. His scholarship has focused on attitudes, naive realism, and social policy. Kyle T. Keller received his Ph.D. from Princeton University and his bachelor's degree at the University of Arizona. He contributed to research in cognitive dissonance, choice, and choice behaviors. Kyle was selected as a Fellow of the Princeton Energy and Climate Scholars.
- Author(s)Joel Cooper,Kyle Keller,Shane Blackman
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication05/10/2015
- SubjectPsychology: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note5 black & white illustrations, 8 black & white tables, 15 black & white line drawings
- Weight644 g
- Width187 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine25 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.43
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.75
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.