The Science of Battlestar Galactica by Patrick Di Justo, Kevin Grazier (Paperback, 2010)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $27.41Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $24.95+ AU $12.95 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe official guide to the science behind the Battlestar Galactica universe Battlestar Galactica ( BSG ) has been called the best show on television, and as real as science fiction gets. It has dealt with issues of religious freedom, patriotism, terrorism, genetic engineering, and the ultimate science fiction question: what does it mean to be human? While the re-imagined BSG may t be packed with cool techie tools (the bad guys don't even have laser guns for frak's sake!), this book shows that the science in the series has a lot to say about the use of science and techlogy in our lives today. What are the principles behind artificial gravity and sublight propulsion? Are Cylons men or machines? How are humaid Cylons able to interface with computers? By tackling these and other intriguing questions, The Science of Battlestar Galactica takes us billions of miles away from Earth so that we can turn around and see ourselves from a different perspective. Tackles fans' most pressing BSG questions, from how an FTL drive might work to how the 12 colonies of Kobol could co-exist to the principles behind Gaius Baltar's Cylon-detector Features behind-the-scenes anecdotes, quotes from the BSG Series Bible, and over 60 photos Includes a foreword by BSG co-executive producer, Jane Espenson, and an afterword by actor, Richard Hatch, who played Tom Zarek in the reimagined series and Captain Apollo in the classic series Co-written by BSG 's scientific advisor and a Wired contributing editor Packed with must-kw details and scientific background, this thought-provoking book will help you see Battlestar Galactica as never before.
- Author BiographyPATRICK DI JUSTO is a contributing editor for Wired and has written for Popular Science, Scientific American, New York Magazine, and the New York Times Circuits. KEVIN R. GRAZIER is the scientific advisor to Battlestar Galactica. He currently works at NASA's Jet Propulsion Laboratory on the Cassini/Huygens Mission to Saturn; teaches astronomy, planetary science, and cosmology at UCLA and Santa Monica College.
- Author(s)Kevin Grazier,Patrick Di Justo
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication15/10/2010
- SubjectPopular Science
- Place of PublicationChichester
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintJohn Wiley & Sons Ltd
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight596 g
- Width192 mm
- Height236 mm
- Spine17 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $35.04Trending at AU $36.68
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $34.94
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.35
- AU $32.21Trending at AU $40.58
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.26
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $40.16
- AU $34.16Trending at AU $35.20
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.