The Science of Education: Its General Principles Deduced from Its Aim and the Aesthetic Revelation of the World (Classic Reprint) by Johann Friedrich Herbart (Paperback / softback, 2016)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $25.58Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by wordery
- See details for delivery est.
Nearly newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $44.95+ AU $7.99 postage
- Like new condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionExcerpt from The Science of Education: Its General Principles Deduced From Its Aim and the AEsthetic Revelation of the World I comply with the request of Mr. and Mrs. Felkin to write a preface to their translation of Her hart's Science of Education and The AEsthetic Revelation of the World, t because I think that any words of mine can add to the value of the book, but because I hope that by advocating the scientific training of teachers generally, I may do something to create a public ready to welcome this and similar enterprises. The training of teachers in schools other than elementary, stands in this country in a very peculiar position. Nearly fifteen years ago the Committee of the Head-Masters' Conference took the matter in hand and requested the Universities of Oxford and Cambridge to prepare a scheme of lectures and examinations for the purpose. Oxford declined to take any steps, but Cambridge established lectures and examinations which have continued ever since. The result has been different from what the projectors of the scheme intended. Very few public schoolmasters have submitted themselves to training. On the other hand, women have fully availed themselves of these opportunities, and there are at present five training colleges for women in direct connection with the examinations of the Teachers' Training Syndicate. It is difficult indeed to see by what argument the absence of training for teachers can be defended. About the Publisher Forgotten Books publishes hundreds of thousands of rare and classic books. Find more at www.forgottenbooks.com This book is a reproduction of an important historical work. Forgotten Books uses state-of-the-art techlogy to digitally reconstruct the work, preserving the original format whilst repairing imperfections present in the aged copy. In rare cases, an imperfection in the original, such as a blemish or missing page, may be replicated in our edition. We do, however, repair the vast majority of imperfections successfully; any imperfections that remain are intentionally left to preserve the state of such historical works.
- Author(s)Johann Friedrich Herbart
- PublisherForgotten Books
- Date of Publication16/06/2016
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectHistory: World & General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintForgotten Books
- Content Note, black & white illustrations
- Weight435 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.50Trending at AU $111.86
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.51
- AU $35.82Trending at AU $40.79
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.51
- AU $19.16Trending at AU $23.98
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.13
- AU $17.16Trending at AU $18.34
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.