All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionOne of the most technically focused on-camera manuals on the market... Morris looks at the neuroscience behind human emotions and what the camera actually captures--from the mechanics of dialogue, voice, and physicality, to discovering your own form of naturalistic acting. -Backstage.comThe Science of On-Camera Acting is a fusion of art, science, and on-set experience distilled into a working actor's guide for refining on-camera skills and creating defining roles. One of the most influential psychologists of the past century, Dr. Paul Ekman shares recent discoveries in psychology and behavioral science that catalyzed this n-analytic approach for mastering naturalism, comedy, and complex character work in the short time you have to prepare for auditions and bookings. These techniques keep you out of your head and grounded in the moment, in your creative flow, channeling impulse into standout performances over and over. Learn:
- A step-by-step process for tailoring your work to the camera's perspective.
- How impulse is your most powerful tool and how to use it with precision.
- What science tells us about the nature of identity and how to make psycho-physical transformations into compelling characters completely unlike yourself.
- How to stop micro-expressing nervousness in auditions.
- How the camera reads the stakes of the scene through the indentation between your collarbone and surrounding muscle tissue.
- What the camera sees on your face when you are trying to remember a line.
- Simple, science-based exercises devised for Olympic athletes and adapted for actors to reach peak performance under pressure.
- Learn why Stanislavski abandoned the Method in favor of a n-analytical approach.
- Author(s)Andrea Morris
- PublisherBecoming Media
- Date of Publication02/09/2014
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectOther Performing Arts
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBecoming Media
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight263 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.64Trending at AU $111.11
- AU $35.06Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $78.04
- AU $18.76Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.30
- AU $51.96Trending at AU $53.08
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.