CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.17
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.75
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.67
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.64
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.76
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.57
- AU $18.97Trending at AU $22.14
About this product
- DescriptionAlthough there are several excellent books covering a few of the specialized areas of photobiology, at the present time there is book that covers all areas of the science of photobiology. This book attempts to fill this void. The science of photobiology is currently divided into 14 subspecialty areas by the American Society for Photobiology. The first 14 chapters of this book deal with those subspecialty areas, each written by a leader in the field. Chapter 15, entitled New Topics in Photobiology, highlights areas of research that may be desig- nated sUbspecialties of photobiology in the future. This book has been written as a textbook to introduce the science of photobiology to advanced undergraduate and graduate students. The chapters are written to provide a broad overview of each topic. They are designed to contain the amount of information that might be presented in a one-to two-hour general lecture. The references are t meant to be exhaustive, but key refer- ences are included to give students an entry into the literature. Frequently a more recent reference that reviews the literature will be cited rather than the first paper by the author making the original discovery. Whenever practical, a classroom demonstration or simple laboratory exercise has been provided to exemplify one or more major points in a chapter.
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication19/03/2012
- SubjectLife Sciences: General
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Note55 black & white illustrations, biography
- Weight839 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Edited byK. C. Smith
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of the original 1st ed. 1977
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.