All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionLearn the scientific benefits of positivism! Sometimes it's easiest to look for the worst in every situation--our brains have evolved to scan for problems in order to help avoid them. But you can transcend this natural negativity--if you kw how. The Science of Positivity teaches you how cynical thought habits are formed, and how you can rewire yourself to go beyond them. Neurochemical expert Loretta Grazia Breuning, PhD, empowers you to transcend negativity by creating new thought habits. You'll learn simple, practical actions you can take to shift your thinking to a way that causes your brain to reward optimism with the release of happy chemicals. You can even permanently replace cynical thought patterns with realistic and optimistic thoughts. In just minutes a day for six weeks, you will build new pathways to see the world in new ways. Frustration is an inevitable part of life, but rather than using cynicism to manage frustration, you can rewire your brain to get beyond it.
- Author BiographyLoretta Graziano Breuning, PhD, holds a BS from Cornell University and a PhD from Tufts University. She is the founder of the Inner Mammal Institute and professor emerita at California State University, East Bay. The Inner Mammal Institute offers resources for rewiring your mammalian neurochemistry. Dr. Breuning writes the blog, Your Neurochemical Self: Getting Real with a 200 Million-Year-Old Brain, on PsychologyToday.com. She has been interviewed on NPR, The Matt Townsend Show, and the Ask Altucher podcast, and her work been featured in Psychologies, Real Simple, the Dodo, Independent Voter Network, and the School of Life in London.
- Author(s)Loretta Graziano Breuning
- PublisherAdams Media Corporation
- Date of Publication30/12/2016
- SubjectPsychology: Professional & General
- Place of PublicationHolbrook, MA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAdams Media Corporation
- Width134 mm
- Height214 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $203.69New
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $74.22New
- AU $61.33Used
- AU $93.50New
- AU $101.60New
- AU $70.98New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.10
- AU $22.09Trending at AU $23.51
- AU $114.99Trending at AU $120.22
- AU $87.99Trending at AU $90.65
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.54
- AU $39.20Trending at AU $50.30
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $74.22
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.