The Science of Serendipity: How to Unlock the Promise of Innovation by Matt Kingdon (Paperback, 2012)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $24.22Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $9.94+ AU $6.00 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by worldofbooks-australia
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionInvation. The word might make you think of Silicon Valley. But invation isn t the sole province of start-ups. They didn t invent it, and they re t always the ones from which we can best learn. As Matt Kingdon argues in The Science of Serendipity, it s corporate invators battling within large, established organisations who are the field s real heroes. Tapping into 20 years of experience on the front lines of invation bringing new products and services to market and helping organisations become more creative Kingdon dissects the ways in which corporations are continually reborn. He looks at the anatomy of invation, asking: How do time-pressed executives go about taking risks? How do they prepare to see and seize opportunity? And how do you place humans, with all of their fears and foibles, at the heart of commercial success? In a conversational, jargon-free style built on a practitioner s observations and anecdotes, The Science of Serendipity traces the dilemmas that executives in a wide variety of firms face. It details the steps taken to overcome the issues and get great ideas across the finish line. If you re looking for a guide in your fight against the corporate machine, this is the business book for you. Matt Kingdon is the Co-founder, Chairman, and Chief Enthusiast of What If! Invation Partners. For 20 years, What If! has partnered with the world s most successful, forward-looking companies businesses such as Barclays, Four Seasons, Google, PepsiCo, Pfizer, and Virgin to galvanise invation and deliver impact. Its 250 inventors work across the Americas, Europe, and Asia.
- Author BiographyMATT KINGDON has been at the front line of innovation for more than 20 years. What If!, the company he co-founded, partners with the world s most successful, forward-looking companies to galvanise innovation and deliver impact. In plain English, Kingdon tells the stories of companies grappling with innovation at scale, how they've succeeded or struggled, and what this can teach ambitious, frustrated corporate executives. Bottom line: you are not alone and this is the practical guide for you. John Kao, creator of Harvard Business School's Innovation program & Chairman of the Global Advisory Council on Innovation of the World Economic Forum
- Author(s)Matt Kingdon
- PublisherJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Date of Publication02/11/2012
- SubjectManagement Techniques: Professional
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight596 g
- Width157 mm
- Height236 mm
- Spine20 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $37.00Trending at AU $37.79
- AU $23.20Trending at AU $28.78
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.49
- AU $6.90Trending at AU $9.90
- AU $15.62Trending at AU $17.49
- AU $43.92Trending at AU $50.20
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.85
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.