All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe Science of Sport: Sprinting examines the scientific principles that underpin the preparation and performance of athletics at all levels, from grassroots to Olympic competition. Drawing on the expertise of some of the world's leading coaches and sport science professionals, the book presents a detailed analysis of the latest evidence and explores the ways in which science has influenced, and subsequently improved, the sport of sprinting. By providing an overview of the principles of sport science and how these are applied in practice, the book is essential reading for students and academics, coaches and performers, physiotherapists, club doctors and professional support staff working in the sport.
- Author BiographyDr Geoffrey K Platt is an international coach, lecturer and author. He is retained by the International Olympic Committee (IOC), the World Anti-Doping Agency (WADA), the International Weightlifting Federation (IWF), and the International Powerlifting Federation (IPF) to lecture on a wide range of subjects relating to High Performance Sport. He is a former principal lecturer in Sports Coaching Science.
- Author(s)Geoffrey Platt
- PublisherThe Crowood Press Ltd
- Date of Publication26/06/2015
- SubjectGeneral Sport & Fitness Training
- Place of PublicationRamsbury
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintThe Crowood Press Ltd
- Content Note100 colour images 50 diagrams
- Weight479 g
- Width172 mm
- Height242 mm
- Spine13 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.18
- AU $13.90Trending at AU $17.77
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.18
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.24
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.85
- AU $71.09Trending at AU $79.99
- AU $50.05Trending at AU $66.59
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.