All listings for this product
Sponsored by eBay Stores
- AU $18.69Free postage
- AU $20.38Free postage
- AU $20.30Free postage
About this product
- DescriptionThe Science of Yoga draws on a hidden wealth of science, history, and surprising facts to cut through the fog that surrounds contemporary yoga and to show - for the first time - what is uplifting and beneficial and what is delusional, flaky, and dangerous. At heart, it illuminates the risks and rewards. The book takes the reader on a whirlwind tour of undiscovered yoga that goes from old libraries in Calcutta to the world capitals of medical research, from little-kwn archives to spotless laboratories, from sweaty yoga classes with master teachers to the cosy offices of yoga healers. In the process, it shatters myths, lays out unexpected benefits, and offers a compelling vision of how to improve the discipline.
- Author BiographyWilliam J. Broad has practiced yoga since 1970. A bestselling author and senior writer at The New York Times, he has won every major award in print and television during more than thirty years as a science journalist. With New York Times colleagues, he has twice won the Pulitzer Prize, as well as an Emmy Award and a DuPont. He is the author or coauthor of seven books, including Germs: Biological Weapons and America's Secret War, a #1 New York Times bestseller.
- Author(s)William J. Broad
- PublisherSimon & Schuster
- Date of Publication09/05/2013
- SubjectPopular Science
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSimon & Schuster
- Content Note8-pp insert
- Weight312 g
- Width139 mm
- Height212 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.90Trending at AU $51.50
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.73
- AU $32.81Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $31.00Trending at AU $39.99
- AU $19.55Trending at AU $23.96
- AU $32.00Trending at AU $45.25
- AU $14.60Trending at AU $16.66
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.