All listings for this product
Sponsored by eBay Stores
- AU $26.32Free postage
- AU $29.22Free postage
About this product
- DescriptionTake an exclusive behind-the-scenes look at what it takes to create a world-class cyclist. James Witts invites you into the world of marginal gains to discover the invative training techniques, nutrition strategies and cutting-edge gear that are giving today's elite cyclists the competitive advantage. Find out why Formula One telemetry is key to more bike speed; how power meters dictate training sessions and race strategy; how mannequins, computational fluid dynamics and wind-tunnels are elevating aerodynamics to the next level; why fats and training on water alone are popular in the peloton; and why the future of cycling will involve transcranial brain stimulation and wearable techlogy. With contributions from the world's greatest riders, including Marcel Kittel, Peter Sagan and Bauke Mollema, and the teams that work alongside them: Etixx-Quick Step, Team Sky, Tinkoff, Movistar, BMC Racing, Trek-Segafredo and many more. Also meet the teams' sports scientists, coaches, nutritionists and chefs, who reveal the pioneering science that separates Contador and Cancellara from the recreational rider. To win the Tour de France takes stamina, speed, strength...and science.
- Author BiographyJames Witts has a background in sports science, and is a writer for a number of magazines, including Cyclist, New Scientist, BikesEtc, 220 Triathlon, Runner's World, Men's Health and GQ.
- Author(s)James Witts
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication16/06/2016
- SubjectMotor Sports & Cycling
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Content NoteFull colour photography
- Weight657 g
- Width189 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Format DetailsWith flaps
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.68Trending at AU $42.56
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $87.92
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.54
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.42
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.41
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.64
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.50
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.