All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis is the first new edition of The Scots Kitchen for over thirty years. Beautifully laid out for a new generation of readers and with charming line illustrations by Ian Macintosh, it is introduced by the well-kwn cookery writer and broadcaster, Catherine Brown. She describes the impact this pioneering book has had on the whole of Scottish cuisine and traces the fascinating life story of Marian McNeill herself. Notes explain how to use the book so that its treasure trove of recipes can be explored in the modern kitchen. As well as being a practical guide to all aspects of Scottish cooking, this is above all a book to be read for pleasure, to refer to and savour again and again.
- Author BiographyF. Marian McNeill (1885 - 1973) was a journalist and writer with a deep love and knowledge of Scots language, lore and traditions. The Scots Kitchen, her most popular book, first published in 1929, gives a delightful account of eating and drinking in Scotland throughout the ages, with definitive recipes for all the old national dishes. It is widely regarded as the most important book on Scottish cookery yet to appear.
- Author(s)F. Marian McNeil
- PublisherBirlinn General
- Date of Publication12/03/2015
- SubjectNational & Regional Cuisine
- Place of PublicationEdinburgh
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBirlinn Ltd
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight1002 g
- Width190 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine29 mm
- Illustrator(s)Iain McIntosh
Best-selling in Cook Books
Save on Cook Books
- AU $30.92Trending at AU $32.16
- AU $26.05Trending at AU $28.82
- AU $38.65Trending at AU $40.85
- AU $19.53Trending at AU $31.26
- AU $22.11Trending at AU $27.42
- AU $32.64Trending at AU $47.49
- AU $16.07Trending at AU $20.34
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.