All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionNew title in the same series as bestselling The Storway Black Pudding Bible, The Italian Sausage Bible and The Macsween Haggis Bible Salmon can be eaten any time, and makes excellent starters, main courses, breakfasts and snacks, and there suggestions for all of these in this book. Due to its high protein content, omega-3 fatty acids and vitamin D, salmon is one of the most nutritious fish available, with many health specialists recommending that it should be eaten three times a week. In this handy and varied collection of recipes, award-winning chef Claire Macdonald demonstrates the ermous versatility of salmon in forty mouth-watering recipes which show you could eat salmon seven days a week and still never tire of it. Hot-smoked salmon, cold-smoked salmon, salmon fillets and Gravalax (salmon cured with sugar, salt and dill) all feature, together with a huge range of imaginative accompaniments, from beetroot, cheese and cream to bananas,tomatoes, garlic and prosciutto.
- Author BiographyClaire Macdonald is the author of seventeen best-selling cookery books, including Seasonal Cooking, The Harrods Book of Entertaining, The Claire Macdonald Cookbook and Entertaining Solo. She is an energetic Patron of Scottish Food Fortnight and The Association of Scottish Farmers' Markets. In recognition of her contribution to Scottish food, Claire was presented a Lifetime Achievement Award by the National Farmers' Union in 2011 and the Royal Highland and Agricultural Society of Scotland. Claire was also awarded an honorary doctorate by Abertay University.
- Author(s)Claire MacDonald
- PublisherBirlinn General
- Date of Publication03/10/2013
- SubjectNational & Regional Cuisine
- Place of PublicationEdinburgh
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBirlinn Ltd
- Content Noteb/w illustrations throughout
- Weight91 g
- Width110 mm
- Height178 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Illustrator(s)Bob Dewar
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $34.69Trending at AU $36.40
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.73
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.12
- AU $31.89Trending at AU $40.27
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.08
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $39.86
- AU $34.16Trending at AU $34.94
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.