All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn the first book ever devoted to the sculpture of Venice's most famous Renaissance marble carver, Markham Schulz integrates all biographical data from primary and secondary sources and criticism of every epoch, with her own first-hand study of Tullio's work over the course of forty years, to create a comprehensive picture of Tullio's sculpture - its characteristics and icography, its sources, development, and influence - within the context of Renaissance Venetian art. At the same time, she explores Tullio's relations to his father Pietro and his brother Antonio, both rewned sculptors in their own right. The text is accompanied by 339 newly made and largely full-page illustrations, many of sculptures which, on account of their height and inaccessibility, have never been photographed before. Thus, every detail of the author's meticulous and pellucid analyses is made manifest to the reader by illustrations, which t only meet the most exacting standards for the photography of sculpture, but also provide a treasury of gorgeous images.
- Author(s)A M Schulz,Anne Markham Schulz
- PublisherBrepols N.V.
- Date of Publication19/11/2014
- SubjectFine Arts / Art History
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationBelgium
- ImprintHarvey Miller Publishers
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight2517 g
- Width234 mm
- Height305 mm
- Spine36 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $111.65New
- AU $93.38Used
- AU $93.38New
- AU $101.47New
- AU $80.95New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.00
- AU $87.99Trending at AU $90.54
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.44
- AU $39.02Trending at AU $50.24
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $74.12
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.80
- AU $21.33Trending at AU $23.60
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.