Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $7.00+ AU $6.00 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by worldofbooks-australia
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe first mystery in a truly unique crime series. There comes a time when a vel raises the bar for a particular genre, and The Sea Detective does just that for Scottish crime fiction. (Scotsman). Cal McGill is an Edinburgh-based oceagrapher, environmentalist and one-of-a-kind investigator. Using his kwledge of the waves - ocean currents, prevailing winds, shipping records - McGill can track where objects have come from, or where they've gone. It's a unique skill that can help solve all sorts of mysteries. Such as when two severed feet wash up miles apart on two different islands off the coast of Scotland. Most strangely, forensic tests reveal that the feet belong to the same body. As Cal McGill investigates, he unravels a web of corruption, exploitation and violence, which threatens many lives across the globe - very soon including his own...Praise for The Sea Detective: Raises the bar for Scottish crime fiction...elegantly written and compelling. (The Scotsman). Excellent. (The Literary Review - top five crime books of the year). Promises to be a fine series of detective vels. (Sunday Times Crime Book of the Month). An unusual, interesting and enthralling read. (Shotsmag). A compelling protagonist. (The Times Literary Supplement).
- Author BiographyMark Douglas-Home is a journalist turned author, who was editor of the Herald and the Sunday Times Scotland. His career in journalism began as a student in South Africa where he edited the newspaper at the University of the Witwatersrand, Johannesburg. After the apartheid government banned a number of editions, he was deported from the country. He is married with two children and lives in Edinburgh.
- Author(s)Mark Douglas-Home
- PublisherPenguin Books Ltd
- Date of Publication05/11/2015
- SubjectCrime, Thriller & Adventure
- Series TitleThe Sea Detective
- Series Part/Volume Number1
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPenguin Books Ltd
- Weight277 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine24 mm
Best-selling in Fiction Books
- AU $71.91New
- AU $31.03New
- AU $16.40New
- AU $12.81Used
- AU $79.40New
- AU $18.71New
- AU $113.12New
- AU $22.40New
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $26.95Trending at AU $30.78
- AU $26.20Trending at AU $31.03
- AU $76.69Trending at AU $79.40
- AU $10.68Trending at AU $18.71
- AU $16.95Trending at AU $21.47
- AU $79.99Trending at AU $85.15
- AU $10.54Trending at AU $14.54
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.