Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $13.05Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by wordery
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $14.90Free postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by marlowes_books
- Est. delivery by 1 Mar
All listings for this product
About this product
- Description'A masterly study of grief, memory and love recollected' Professor John Sutherland, Chair of Judges, Man Booker Prize 2005 When art historian Max Morden returns to the seaside village where he once spent a childhood holiday, he is both escaping from a recent loss and confronting a distant trauma. The Grace family had appeared that long-ago summer as if from ather world. Mr and Mrs Grace, with their worldly ease and candour, were unlike any adults he had met before. But it was his contemporaries, the Grace twins Myles and Chloe, who most fascinated Max. He grew to kw them intricately, even intimately, and what ensued would haunt him for the rest of his years and shape everything that was to follow. 'A vel in which all of his remarkable gifts come together to produce a real work of art, disquieting, beautiful, intelligent, and in the end, surprisingly, offering consolation' Allan Massie, Scotsman 'You can smell and feel and see his world with extraordinary clarity. It is a work of art, and I'll bet it will still be read and admired in seventy-five years' Rick Gekoski, The Times 'Poetry seems to come easily to Banville. There is so much to applaud in this book that it deserves more than one reading' Literary Review 'A brilliant, sensuous, discombobulating vel' Spectator
- Author BiographyJohn Banville was born in Wexford, Ireland, in 1945. He is the author of fourteen previous novels including The Sea, which won the 2005 Man Booker Prize. He has received a literary award from the Lannan Foundation. He lives in Dublin.
- PrizesWinner of Man Booker Prize for Fiction 2005.
- Author(s)John Banville
- PublisherPan Macmillan
- Date of Publication21/04/2006
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Weight200 g
- Width130 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
- Edition StatementReprints
- Interest AgeFrom 18
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $47.99Trending at AU $53.25
- AU $23.66Trending at AU $33.42
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $75.18
- AU $19.99Trending at AU $20.58
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $31.14
- AU $47.56Trending at AU $49.65
- AU $20.51Trending at AU $24.13
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.