All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWhen a fisherman falls in love with a selkie - half-woman, half-seal - she gives him her sealskin as a sign of her love, and bears him two children, Ffion and Morlo, before returning to her own people. When a stranger comes to the village, telling of a land far away, the children remember their mother's stories of the cities of gold and pearls beneath the waves...Presented in a beautiful, new, gift edition, this is a haunting story of love and freedom, for all ages.
- Author BiographyJackie Morris is an author and illustrator, photographer and painter. She lives in a small house beside the sea in Wales. Her many books include Tell Me a Dragon, The Snow Leopard, The Wild Swans and the illustrations for Ted Hughes's How the Whale Became. She has a lively presence on social media and the progress of her work can be followed on her blog: www.jackiemorris.co.uk
- PrizesWinner of Tir Na N-OG Book Awards: Best English-Language Book 2005.
- Author(s)Jackie Morris
- PublisherOtter-Barry Books Ltd
- Date of Publication01/05/2016
- SubjectPicture Books
- Place of PublicationHereford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOtter-Barry Books Ltd
- Content NoteColour illustrations throughout
- Weight408 g
- Width278 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine8 mm
- Reading AgeFrom 5
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.