The Search for Baltic Gold: Desperation, Disaster and Discovery the Secret of Hitler's Doomed Flagship by Philip Sayers (Paperback, 2012)
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionLooted art treasures, Nazi gold, shipwrecks and underwater action. This tremendous tale of diving exploits and second world war history has it all. January 1945 - Surrounded by the Red Army and facing certain defeat, the infamous Nazi Reichscommissioner, Erich Koch, organizes the disappearance of fabulous treasures from the castle museum in Konigsberg, then escapes the doomed city by sea. Thousands of panic stricken refugees storm the transport ships and Rudi Kurze, a survivor of the largest maritime disaster in history, witnesses the loading of a secret cargo the night before they attempt to escape across submarine-infested waters. In 1988 the British salvage diver Davis Carter discovers an untouched wreck off the Polish coast. Marietta, a maritime art historian and Rudi accompany him on a dangerous diving expedition to the Stolpebank. An old secret, shared only by him and one other survivor haunts his memory as they search the wreck for sunken treasure.
- Author BiographyPhilip J Sayers is Managing Director of LHM Healthcare Ltd., a company that specialises in treating people suffering from decompression sickness, also known as the 'bends'. Philip first qualified as a diver in 1972 and has spent several years as a research diver, working in Sudan and the Antarctic, followed by 12 years in the commercial diving industry on the inland waterways and the coasts of northern Germany. In 1988, he undertook three expeditions to the wreck of the Nazi flagship Wilhelm Gustloff , lying off the Polish coast, then went on to design and manufacture professional and military diving equipment for the German and Swedish Armed Forces. In the mid 90s his business expanded to include the design, manufacture and management of hyperbaric therapy chambers. Philip manages two hyperbaric Units in the UK, providing services for the NHS, and lives in north Essex.
- Author(s)Philip Sayers
- Date of Publication19/11/2012
- SubjectHistorical & Mythological Fiction
- Place of PublicationEssex
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Weight680 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine32 mm
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $47.99Trending at AU $53.25
- AU $23.90Trending at AU $30.15
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $75.18
- AU $19.99Trending at AU $20.58
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $31.14
- AU $47.56Trending at AU $49.65
- AU $20.51Trending at AU $24.13
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.